Hemp seeds are considered by some nutritionists to be one of the most nutritious seeds in the world. Hemp seeds contain:
- All 20 amino acids, including the 9 essential ones that our bodies cannot produce on its own
- They are a rich source of essential minerals, including magnesium and phosphorus for bone health, zinc to help support the immune system, and iron for oxygenating the blood.
- Whole hemp seeds contain 10 to 15 percent fiber, which aids in constipation and promotes digestive regularity
- The Omega-6 fatty acids in hemp seeds regulate metabolism, help brain function, maintain bone health, and stimulate skin and hair growth
- As a natural appetite suppressant, adding hemp seed to your meals can reduce your food cravings and help you feel full longer
- Because they are packed with protein, hemp seeds are ideal for people following a paleo diet or trying to reduce their carb intake